About Me

My photo
Knitter, nanny, old movie lover

2.26.2011

Mid Semester...

That was an interesting week.  I think I'd like to keep sleeping, and knitting.  My hands are starting to tingle from completing a hat every other day.  Pirate hearts, faire isle, and pirate hearts.  Ear flaps, plarn bag...  Started a hat for charity, a NC State hat...attempt that's not looking very well, and oh dear there's something else I'm working on.
  I am very glad I don't have any papers to do, that most of my "homework" is extra credit. . .the kind of extra credit that helps you do well on the actual assignments.  I fell a little behind on Biology reading, because I was sick. . .I think that was this week.  I feel like I've been sick for ages, the almost sick that drags on for days.  Nose stuffy and feeling gross. . .I blame the immunizations I had to get.

The internet at my house, while set up, is a little spastic, the modem decides to shut off, or not be connected, it takes my laptop 10-15 minutes to notice the connection, which I completely blame on the modem. NOT my dear computer.  Poor think is barely half as loved as any skein of yarn I have in the house.
  The yarn by the way, is taking over.  I ordered a good amount of yarn for a sweater. . .and now I don't remember which sweater pattern I was planning to make with it.  You would think I would have the sense to write it down, to order exactly what the pattern says, but my creativity has been stunted, I've been making the same hat in various colours for weeks.  And yes I enjoy British spelling over American.

Reading True Grit, I'm more than halfway done, and it's lovely.  Please borrow it from me.

Picked up my violin on Wednesday from Gawlik's.  It's sitting in my living room, restrung, bow rehaired, in the case, untuned...
Must find rosin


Katie R. has gotten me sucked into Brothers & Sisters.  Almost done with the first season.
Also, the quote from I believe it was Mr. Sunshine, the new series with Matthew Perry, made me want to watch it: "Just because they're grown ups, doesn't make family any easier."

So.  how did you spend you Saturday evening?
Me?   Let me show you:


Plarn turning into a bag

two started hats

the house is still messy

The wireless router?  Not connected yet

School work?  Started.  Not finished.





But then it's never finished.

1 comment:

KatKing said...

I learned something new from your post, didn't know what plarn was but now I do!