About Me

My photo
Knitter, nanny, old movie lover

6.08.2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

I happened across a blog, though I already knew about it's existence (from Ravelry), that blogged "WIP Wednesday."  I was curious to see what I had going...  I took some pictures with my point and shoot and here we go.
Project One:
 This friends is the start of a blanket.
     I bought a giant HUGE skein of yarn...
with no project in mind.  So I started a blanket.
       
   The squares are supposed to be the same size.

...

We'll see how this goes...
 This is the Christmas stocking promised to be made for Kristen King
  (new sister!)
 ...

for last Christmas.

It needs to be ripped out and done over.
   The front looks okay, but the back got tangled.

Really tangled

This is a horrid picture of a decent sweater.
   We'll see how it goes.

It's the same one made for Katie F.
 






     That same sweater.











And my favorite for last


A scrap blanket.   As you can tell, the beginning (on the right) I had a plan, and it faded into a mess.  It's big enough to cover the bed.  But I will probably keep going.


I also have started, some where, a sweater with a complicated color work pattern.    I don't think I'll ever get that done, and I can't find it, so I'm leaving it be. 

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful shade of blue on your squares, that will make a lovely blanket. Love your ripple too...I like bright colors.

Nicky said...

That blanket is my favourite project too. The colour combo is so super cheery. Love it!!!!

Tami Klockau said...

Welcome to WIPW! All your projects are gorgeous, but I too, love the ripple blanket! It's beautiful. As far as the squares, you can block them to make them the same size!

R. Grace said...

I love the zig-zag pattern!